Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"I am SAM"

Watched "I am Sam" just yesterday. Very touched. Haven't watch many good movies for ages.

Sam (Adult with ID and austistic attributes), of mental age of 7, managed to fight his way through with the State, and gained custody of his 7 year old.

What he said to his lawyer is that he felt "normal" people did not have problems like his. Sure. But "normal" people have more problems, I feel. Sometimes blessed are those who are of simple mind and heart. Blessed are those who do not worry because they do not have to. Blessed are those who live happily and do not feel that they need to compare..... Blessed are those who knows God will take care of all their needs.

Sometimes it really amazes me to see BJ in all his innocence and purity in requesting for grace before meal. He is being routine. But I think sometimes I have too many choices that I put aside my routine to talk to God.

These are special lessons we learn in life. Through people whom society labels as special needs.


This brings tears in my eyes.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Little Miss Snooze said...

i cried at the show too. v touching.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Daffodil said...

veri nice show.... Usually dun fancy that actor (Bad boy image), but he redeemed himself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home