Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I believe

This is not Fantasia Barrino's I believe. Nor, I believe in the Prince of Egypt. It was a gospel song I heard as a child. Popularised by Barbara Streisand, I truly believe that in somewhere in the darkness of night, a candle glows.

This song is for BJ and his friends, and all in my family.


Words and music by Erwin Drake, Irvin Graham, Jimmy Shirl, Al Stillman


I believe, for every drop of rain that falls, A flower grows...


I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, A candle glows...


I believe for everyone who goes astray, Someone will come, to show the way,


I believe, I believe...


I believe, above the storm the smallest prayer, Will still be heard...


I believe, that someone in the great somewhere, Hears every word...


Everytime I hear a newborn baby cry, Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,


Then I know why, I believe!



There were only tears welling up whenever I hear this song, or sing this song.



Dear BJ, mum believes that your great Friend is hearing every word you say, uttered, or unuttered, in the humblest moment you ask for grace before a meal. Though it seems rigid, your friend Jesus delights in what you do. Thank you Lord, for making BJ one and only unique boy.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Daffodil said...

Aunt Shirley called today and told me that God has spoken to her about BJ while she and Uncle Peter were in the prayer mt in Korea. I believe that God puts the song "I believe" in my heart for a simple reason -- to show that He is not a God who confuses, not a God who gives mixed messages, He is the God who remains faithful and the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home