Thursday, February 10, 2005

rattling on....

I am stressed by the demands of coming up with visual strategies to help BJ communicate better. Wow, what an extra work to do. Sometimes I hope I would have just given birth to someone who can read cues off a person's face, or have excellent auditory processing skills. Nevertheless, I will have to do it because he learns differently.

Getting the world to know that my child has autism seems to be easy for me. The idea of letting it out was too much for me to cope, at first. But there are definite benefits.... It's not due to poor parenting....

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger ShutterBug said...

Perhaps you want to involve some of us who can share your load in terms of coming up with visuals or ideas so you dun have to face it alone. This way we can learn oso on how to communicate better with BJ :)

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Little Miss Snooze said...

Yes! Involve us! WE are here!We can have great fun finding pictures! I once interviewed a SPED teacher at APSN and saw the visual cues she used in class for the children!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Daffodil said...

Thanks much!

Currently am preparing some sentence strip for him. So I just have to collect some line drawing for it. I could use a broadmaker (computer software programme), but I am very tempted to create one myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home