Friday, October 14, 2005

Being KS or Careful

Most of BJ's cohort (born 2000) in his EIP has done their IQ test and are ready to be admitted to pathlight school. The school registration closed on 30 September 2005. AND, here am I, I have not done anything about it. I am thinking to defer him a year.

There are mixed comments. Some people say that I should not defer him and I should give him an opportunity to go to school with his peers. Why delay when he appears not to have an IQ problem?

As a mum, I grapple with this issue. Am I being kiasu that I want him to push him further? But, I am not definitely not doing anything about it. I am not sending him to various therapies, all we can offer are prayers, tender loving care, wisdom from God, intervention from GOD, decent EIP programme, and integration programme for him to mix with neutro-typical children. Occasional occupational therapy at KKCDU. That's all.

On the other hand, am I being careful? Am I really trying to "secure" his foundation before he enters a neuro-typical classroom of 30 children? Will I put him in EIP for another year while his peers are promoted to pathlight prep programme (K2)? I don't know.

Well..... I am rattling on.... I know...... One day this thing will come to light.... Perhaps I will be more certain.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger ShutterBug said...

Commit it to the Lord. An answer will come in time :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Daffodil said...

Thanks Ron..... I guess it is decision time again. Decision and not regretting it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home