Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Rather Disturbing Week

BJ's teacher at ARC gave me some negative feedback about him. He seemed not "there" -- he appeared not to follow instructions, as well as peed in his pants for consecutive two days (Thursday and Friday).

Ok. When the accident happened on Thursday, I took it as an accident. Accidents do happen at times. I peed in my pants once when I was in P1, so what's the big deal, right? But he did it again Friday, after we rehearsed with him what to do when he needed to go for a pee. Hmmmm.....didn't work. HOWEVER, he is okay. He didn't pee at home. He can sleep through 10 hours without peeing. So, what's the problem???

Grrrr.....help!

I am going to have a script up again for him (and me) to surprise the "Naughty ShiShi".

It goes like this:

"When the naughty shi shi wants to surprise me by wetting my pants, I will say to him. "STOP. WAIT". I need to tell auntie Kathryn/Yoke Kheng I need to go to the toilet. I will pee in the toilet and surpise the naughty shishi. Then the naughty shishi will be gone. And I will be happy."
Inspired by the "Sneaky Poo" by Michael White, et al...

Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger amelia thinks said...

Hi laura!
I found out one effective way of toilet training from one of my parents in child care...she actually bought Bob the builder undies for her son (who really really adores Bob!) and she convinced him that Bob doesn't like to get wet and they should try and keep bob dry! And it worked really really well...so dunno if that would help! And he might be peeing himself due to all the changes that are happening...like your maid leaving and all that?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Daffodil said...

Melia

His peeing has stopped! Thank God! Haha, he can still remember the social story script that I wrote for him. I added the narrative twist to it (the naughty shishi) to external his pee and not focus on his shame factor.
He is really tired, coz he is attending a childcare in the morning, as well as the early intervention programme at autism resource centre. Talking about kiasu parents. Nevertheless, he is mixing with the neuro-typical (normal) kids quite well. His teacher commented that he is very high functioning. And our colleagues also mention that he is more sociable now.... Really thank God....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home